Did you know that the same organization that made Agent Orange puts a little of their company’s magic inside the food you eat? Depending on your news source, you might (not) have learned about the worldwide protests against Monsanto.
There are 400-some-odd cities across the world right now protesting against Monsanto – one of the world’s largest purveyors of GMO foods. Personally, I can’t stand those tasteless grapefruits the size of soccer balls.
Genetically modified foods (known commonly as GMO) are foodstuffs modified to be bigger, longer lasting, seedless, etc etc.. the pollen of GMO food cross-pollinates with other farmer’s foods, leading to a majority of the food we have access to today to be, in part, GMO.
Monsanto owns patents on these foods’ DNA, and has sued farmers for seed keeping and counter-engineering the environment in ways that hinder their crops.
In this story, you have a bee-keeper who had his Monsanto-pesticide resistant bee hive destroyed.
There was a law passed referred to as the Monsanto Protection Act that makes Monsanto immune to such litigation themselves. You can read a note on this topic here: http://jezebel.com/5993018/whats-the-monsanto-protection-act-and-why-is-it-all-over-facebook
What caused this global unrest?
There have been concerns that GMO could be leading to cases of autism and other such disorders for one.. http://gmo-awareness.com/all-about-gmos/gmo-risks/
In fact, there was a strange situation in which Facebook banned the account of a group of Autistic children holding up signs in a picture protesting GMO (see picture). http://www.naturalnews.com/040484_Facebook_censorship_children_Monsanto_rally.html
There has also been an alarming disturbance in the world’s bee population.. Since pollinators are responsible for a great deal of the world’s food supply, this is serious. http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/decline-of-honey-bees-now-a-global-phenomenon-says-united-nations-2237541.html
This situation reminds me very much of how things are in the world of studying prenatal ultrasound side effects. The same battle is being fought with different words.
Some company has a viral market that exposes humans to possibly harmful conditions, regulations change to add fuel to the fire, evidence arises later that it can cause harm, business ignores the science, mainstream media does not report on the subject…
Is that what it takes to get science heard? 2 million people+?
Thanks to alternative media and the internet it’s possible. I genuinely believe in the strength of good people to stand up against bad things, no matter how much money is involved.
- Corporate Media Blackout of Anti-Monsanto Protests Exposed (thedailysheeple.com)
- Hundreds March Against Monsanto (minnesota.cbslocal.com)
- Total Blackout by Corporate Media on the March Against Monsanto (intellihub.com)
- Photos Monsanto Doesn’t Want You To See (dprogram.net)
- New Yorkers protest to have GMO foods labeled (pix11.com)
- March Against Monsanto: Photos of Protest In Austin, Texas that Monsanto Doesn’t Want You to See (thedailysheeple.com)
- The Photos MONSANTO DOESN’T WANT YOU TO SEE (secretsofthefed.com)
- Dylan Charles ~ Hey Monsanto, Did You Hear That? (shiftfrequency.com)
- Media Coverage Blackout Over Anti-Monsanto Protests (thedestructionist.wordpress.com)
- Monsanto website downed as Anonymous claims hack (rt.com)