I wanted to reiterate a point brought up in previous post of:
Transvaginal ultrasound is closer to the fetus, offers more direct exposure, and is more invasive than transabdominal scanning. As a male I am degrees separated from this, but I would expect at least dinner and a date before this kind of treatment.
The process of transvaginal scanning can be very intrusive, leading to stress. Stress while pregnant has been correlated with a variety of negative health outcomes.
So, aside from being more physically harmful to cellular environments, it is more harmful on a grand scale because of stress (unless the lady is just into that kind of thing with strangers in lab coats)…
- Wisconsin Republicans impose non-medical* rape on rape victims (horsesass.org)
- A Conservative vision for America – ‘Scott Walker Endorses Mandating Transvaginal Ultrasounds And Shutting Down Abortion Clinics’ (thelastofthemillenniums.wordpress.com)
- Ultrasound bill tentatively OK’d by Senate (host.madison.com)
- WI GOP Endorse State-Santioned Rape (becauseican-2old2care.blogspot.com)
- Virginia Governor REALLY Wants To Be The GOP Vice President (ken_ashford.typepad.com)